Status
Not open for further replies.

lawstudent22

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2022
A well-known US firm just informed me that they've filled their VS places, and I can now only interview for a place on the reserve list. For context, my interview is scheduled for this week.

I applied early-December, they offered me the interview in mid-December, and I took the earliest available date for my interview. For a rolling firm with a deadline in late January, I thought this would be ok. I've spent time doing mock interviews, researching the firm and preparing so much. This has just devastated me as I felt I had the best chance of being successful there and have put so much time into my preparations. I understand they recruit on a rolling basis, but this one really hurts.

Is there even a point in interviewing now? Does anyone know if people commonly drop out of VSs?

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    A well-known US firm just informed me that they've filled their VS places, and I can now only interview for a place on the reserve list. For context, my interview is scheduled for this week.

I applied early-December, they offered me the interview in mid-December, and I took the earliest available date for my interview. For a rolling firm with a deadline in late January, I thought this would be ok. I've spent time doing mock interviews, researching the firm and preparing so much. This has just devastated me as I felt I had the best chance of being successful there and have put so much time into my preparations. I understand they recruit on a rolling basis, but this one really hurts.

Is there even a point in interviewing now? Does anyone know if people commonly drop out of VSs?
    If it's for JD, I would do it - the interview is not taxing/technical by any stretch of the imagination, it's very conversational. So I wouldn't fret too much about needing to prepare a lot/research a lot!

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022

A lot of people have clashing VSs so don’t lose hope!

struggling2ndyear

Jul 18, 2022
    All jones day vac scheme spots are filled. My interview for this coming Friday has become an interview for a place on their reserve list... I don't know how to feel right now
    I'd still do the interview, it's good practice (and you never know, a spot might free up). Regardless, this is exceptionally poor from the firm imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.