TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    A well-known US firm just informed me that they've filled their VS places, and I can now only interview for a place on the reserve list. For context, my interview is scheduled for this week.

I applied early-December, they offered me the interview in mid-December, and I took the earliest available date for my interview. For a rolling firm with a deadline in late January, I thought this would be ok. I've spent time doing mock interviews, researching the firm and preparing so much. This has just devastated me as I felt I had the best chance of being successful there and have put so much time into my preparations. I understand they recruit on a rolling basis, but this one really hurts.

Is there even a point in interviewing now? Does anyone know if people commonly drop out of VSs?
    I am in exactly the same position (having been offered an interview in December for next week). I’m so so so gutted and quite annoyed.

Nom

Feb 7, 2023
    So a bunch of people have been getting Osborne Clarke stage 2 AC, I did a commercial presentation for them a week and a bit ago; is this the same thing? Just making sure because I can't access their allhires page.

LJ

Distinguished Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    So a bunch of people have been getting Osborne Clarke stage 2 AC, I did a commercial presentation for them a week and a bit ago; is this the same thing? Just making sure because I can't access their allhires page.

The stage 2 is the in-person AC at their office following the commercial presentation/WG

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I was thinking about the big tech layoffs and with Goldman Sachs thinking of cutting staff also. Was wondering if anyone would be interested in discussing this if I made a thread as am interested in hearing about this and the commercial implications for tech companies. I don't know much about this so would love to other people's perspectives on this.

aspiring112

Standard Member
    Feb 27, 2021
    Bakers Spring Scheme offer through email after my AC (last tuesday)! I just wanted to say I processed the rejection I thought was coming after a terrible VI and not hearing back for a month after. I guess I will never know what a law firm thinks :( if anyone has any tips on the scheme/what to do to covert it into an offer please let me know!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.