TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

saph_b

Dec 24, 2022
Does anybody know how many vac scheme places Sidley Austin has in total? I want to accept an offer for their summer VS but I am worried it will be very difficult to convert this into a TC and, to accept this offer, I have to withdraw an offer from another firm.

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
Oct 14, 2022
Does anybody know how many vac scheme places Sidley Austin has in total? I want to accept an offer for their summer VS but I am worried it will be very difficult to convert this into a TC and, to accept this offer, I have to withdraw an offer from another firm.
I read on Chambers Student that they have about 15 spaces on each scheme ( https://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/sidley-austin/true-picture/54/1##bonus ) - and there are 4, so that would be about 60 vac schemers for about 15 places, 1 in 4 chance

Reactions: saph_b

hopefulfuturelawyer

Premium Member
Apr 27, 2022
I think it’s 12 people per scheme and there’s 4 schemes so that’s 48 vac schemers. I think they have up to 16 TCs on offer

Reactions: saph_b

jessicamcnamara

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2022
Was hoping to bump this again. For reasons beyond my control, this cycle will have to be my last, and I really need a backup plan as things haven't been going well for me. Thanks
Have you considered finding paralegal roles and qualifying via the SQE route with QWE? Or CILEX ? TCs are not the only way to qualify now.

Mohammed A

Oct 21, 2018
I applied for the Guildford CRS spring vac scheme on the deadline and haven’t had a VI invite 🙃 worried now
I applied for the London CRS spring vac on the deadline and haven't had a VI invite either yet. When I attended their open day this year, the GR team did mention that their screening process isn't rolling, so (hopefully!) no news isn't bad news!

• 🤝
Reactions: Autotunedbird
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.