TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawBrah

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 15, 2023
    If I'm applying to a VS that I applied to last year and the questions are exactly the same, should I change the answers?
    I was offered a VI after the application but then totally bombed the VI so understandably not offered a place. Am I ok to therefore answer in the exact same way?

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2021
    If I'm applying to a VS that I applied to last year and the questions are exactly the same, should I change the answers?
    I was offered a VI after the application but then totally bombed the VI so understandably not offered a place. Am I ok to therefore answer in the exact same way?

I've literally been in the exact same position as you and when I asked GR, they said you should change your answers a bit if you have updates to it e.g. if there was a news article question, you'd probably want to use a newer article.

Reactions: LawBrah

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    I've literally been in the exact same position as you and when I asked GR, they said you should change your answers a bit if you have updates to it e.g. if there was a news article question, you'd probably want to use a newer article.
    Say the question is ‘why law?’ can I somewhat keep the same answer? I doubt my motivations would change drastically over the summer lol

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Ever found yourself evaluating your performance all night post-AC. Gosh I keep thinking how I could have spoken about X,y,z 
    Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Do people typically add their interviewers post AC? Or is this seen as a little presumptuous / intense?
    Most people don’t. Plenty of people do though. I typically would wait until you have an offer or only doing so if there is a more substantial reason for adding them apart from them interviewing you.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I don't see why not but I'm also not absolutely sure!
    Yes, you can keep the same themes to why you are applying, but I would always try to update and refine your answers - maybe there is something you have done in the last year that has really focused your motivations for applying? Maybe you realised on reflection you could write your application in a better way?

Reactions: bhbuygu

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 3, 2022
    Has anyone done an AC with Trowers? I am a bit concerned about the written case study cause I've never done one! Any tips would be greatly appreciated😊

SAA

Star Member
    Feb 1, 2021
    I emailed the GR team and they said “We have received a high volume of applications this year and we are still in the process of reviewing applications.

We will be in touch as soon as possible.”

The wait continues its slow poison.
    Has anyone heard from Withers after the online test for the summer vacation scheme?
    Hi guys, have either of u heard back yet from withers following this?

Reactions: kmo15 and aishaslm

gw9

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 28, 2022
    Any completed Taylor Wessing AC candidates in this thread? Not looking for answers or cheat sheets! Just curious to know what you thought about the experience.
    I did it last week for the Cambridge scheme, it won’t let me message you for some reason but I’m happy to answer questions if you can message me. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.