Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker any recommendations how to approach this question: “How would you make sure you were adding value to a client’s business and exceeding their expectations?”
I would consider the specifics of a trainee's role particuarly in relation to delivering high standards of work (and going beyond the basic requirements of a trainee's role/responsibilities) and think about how you personally could do this by leveraging your strengths.

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    I've been placed on an AC reserve list. What are my chances of getting through? Have other ACs to prep for but am worried I'll be called up the next day for this one with no time to prep firm specifics.
    I was placed on a reserve list, and cancelled my reserve place because of a similar situation. They still invited me to the AC in the next cycle - not sure if this is something that @Jessica Booker could confirm - I don’t believe a withdrawal this time will prejudice you.

hins01

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 4, 2022
    Hi, for those who received a call from Ashurst yesterday about VS offer, have you received an email from them? I received the call yesterday but haven't received any email so far. Thanks in advance!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I was placed on a reserve list, and cancelled my reserve place because of a similar situation. They still invited me to the AC in the next cycle - not sure if this is something that @Jessica Booker could confirm - I don’t believe a withdrawal this time will prejudice you.
    I wouldn't withdraw from a reserved place - I would just decline the invite to AC if you were subsequently invited or see if there is anything alternative the firm can offer you.

The chances are really unknown - you don't know where you are on the hold list (are there people ahead of you) and its really hard to know how many people decline their AC invite (or do so with enough notice).

Does anyone know what WFW's process is post AC? I've seen someone get an offer for a Spring VS & everyone else that I've spoken to (summer or no preference) hasn't heard back. I'm not sure if this is because they have 30 spaces per scheme so it might take a while or they're waiting to hear back from the successful candidates before they send out PFOs.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anybody know what the chances are of converting a Clyde & Co vac scheme to a TC offer? Or how many they have on vac scheme compared to how many training contracts they offer? Thanks!
    80 vac scheme places annually for 45 TC roles.

Don’t forget to factor in that not everyone will accept an offer they got from the firm.

Reactions: latrecha and LO
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.