TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia

Esteemed Member
Feb 19, 2023
Ah yeah sorry should have clarified - I have done the test but wanted to see if that was genuinely the next stage or whether they just view it holistically. But thanks!
I also got to the next stage for Shoosmiths. I don't think everyone gets through to the next stage as the graduate manager emails you and in the email she wrote "Congratulations on reaching this stage and good luck in your assessment" and she also said "If you no longer wish to be considered for a placement, please let me know at your earliest convenience).

Lord Sumption

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 11, 2022
    I also got to the next stage for Shoosmiths. I don't think everyone gets through to the next stage as the graduate manager emails you and in the email she wrote "Congratulations on reaching this stage and good luck in your assessment" and she also said "If you no longer wish to be considered for a placement, please let me know at your earliest convenience).
    Is this the new SJT following submission of your application or is that the next stage?

HopefulLawyer_x

Star Member
  • Oct 26, 2022
    Hey, has anyone done the first round Travers Smith interview and would be happy to share any tips? :) This is my first app cycle so I haven't done loads of interviews but have got to AC with a few firms so happy to share any application / video interview advice. Thank you!!

Edit - for those who might wonder, I heard back on Friday at about 5pm and the turn around for interviews is quite quick so was offered this Weds!

Last edited:

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    Hey, has anyone done the first round Travers Smith interview and would be happy to share any tips? :) This is my first app cycle so I haven't done loads of interviews but have got to AC with a few firms so happy to share any application / video interview advice. Thank you!!

Edit - for those who might wonder, I heard back on Friday at about 5pm and the turn around for interviews is quite quick so was offered this Weds!
    Congrats. Can I ask when you applied?

HopefulLawyer_x

Star Member
  • Oct 26, 2022
    Oh damn interesting. I applied on the 10th for Travers, assuming PFO then!
    From what I've seen they do take a while to get back to people so I wouldn't assume the worst! - some not hearing back until March/April. I have engaged a lot with Travers and been to an open day so that may have given me an advantage. I wouldn't assume PFO yet though

• 🏆
    Reactions: Autotunedbird and Seven
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.