TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniraz

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 14, 2022
    Hi @Jessica Booker - could you please point me to some posts regarding ACs (specifically with Farrers or any other mainly private client firm)? The AC consists of an individual written exercise and a group case study exercise. It's my first AC so don't know what to expect
    If you google law firm written exercise or case study there are loads of resources. On the google search some tcla posts should also come up which go through them in detail

Reactions: Bubbles

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Just been sent WG for NRF but also a behavioural test? is the behavioural test mentioned anywhere on their site? I had no idea they had one of these and would not have applied otherwise

I spoke to Grad Rec at a law fair they said that they were experimenting with a move away from WG into a behavioural test and candidates might receive either this year as they see if it is something they want to implement. Not sure if that meant that you should receive both though.

Aga123+

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker. If I had a written task that consisted of drafting an email to a client, where the info needed to be concise, would it be fine to use bullet points? Or would it need to be in full sentences? Thanks!
    Personally, I've always written in sentences that are relatively concise and use simple terms. I find it allows the email to be somewhat structured and neat. But I think it is up to you - as long as the email is easy to understand and structured, I'm sure it's fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.