TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch1234

Jan 5, 2023
Does anyone have any tips for the HSF AC- particularly the case study presentation or scenario interview?!
I’m a little daunted by how much prior business and law knowledge I should sim to have- I’ve seen mixed feedback on this.
@Jessica Booker if you had any advice on this it would be really appreciated!
Thanks everyone
(Also I heard back on 15/2 and it’s on 27/2 for summer vac, in case anyone was wondering)

Momo

Esteemed Member
Nov 21, 2022
Hello @Jessica Booker I d like to ask a question. For the following question, there is no word limit. Is there any approximate word limit you would suggest as the max?

Furthermore, I d like to ask whether I should mention all of my achievements/awards/position of responsibility etc or just pick a few and describe them? I am not sure which is the best approach. Thank you very much in advance.

"Please give details of any scholarships, university awards or prizes, extra curricular activities and interests stating positions of responsibility and achievements"

Reactions: Arthur

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker I d like to ask a question. For the following question, there is no word limit. Is there any approximate word limit you would suggest as the max?

Furthermore, I d like to ask whether I should mention all of my achievements/awards/position of responsibility etc or just pick a few and describe them? I am not sure which is the best approach. Thank you very much in advance.

"Please give details of any scholarships, university awards or prizes, extra curricular activities and interests stating positions of responsibility and achievements"
I’d aim for around 300-500 words depending on how many other questions there are. I would try to include as much variety as possible though in that answer.

Reactions: Momo

DKLaw

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
Here are the dates for their AC:
Glasgow - 14 & 15 March
Aberdeen - 15 March
Edinburgh - 15 & 16 March
London – 21, 22 & 23 March
Manchester - 21 & 22 March
Leeds - 28 & 29 March
Birmingham - 28 & 29 March

And thank you!
Has anyone emailed Pinsent Masons Manchester office? Coz they have sent test invites to some & PFOs to others but a lot of us haven't heard back at all & seeing this post, they have ACs in a month, so no idea what's going on. Maybe they have a batch system...

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Got a VS interview with a firm next week. They recruit a good number from direct tc route (sometimes 50%, sometimes more, sometimes less). I am thinking of opting for the direct route (the recruitment process for this is in summer). If I want to go for the direct route, would they let me change? If so, when would be best to let them know?

@Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Got a VS interview with a firm next week. They recruit a good number from direct tc route (sometimes 50%, sometimes more, sometimes less). I am thinking of opting for the direct route (the recruitment process for this is in summer). If I want to go for the direct route, would they let me change? If so, when would be best to let them know?

@Jessica Booker
Are you opting for the direct route as you think your chances are better based on the stats you have provided?

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2023
Can you help me with this please @Jessica Booker
I was invited to a VI with one firm and didn’t complete it.
For another firm I was invited to a VI and withdrew my application after.
Can I apply to either of these firms for a direct TC this year? I can withdraw my application from first firm still if that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.