TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily1234

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
This is just my thoughts and not with any inside knowledge but I would imagine so yes. They have 60 vac scheme places and because the interview is the main filter before VS, I guess they invite quite a few to interview. Considering they are calling each person to offer the interview, that is quite a time-consuming process which can't be done in one day. Plus there is always the prospect they need to interview more people because they haven't filled the VS spots from initial invites.
Last year they interviewed around 100 - 130 people for 60 vac scheme places so I think they just take time to make sure they read each application fully before inviting to interview :)

Last edited:

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
If anyone here has done the W&C ac, how long did it take between taking your VI and receiving the AC invite? I’m really tired of waiting.

Also, is it bad to ring up a firm and just ask if I’ve been rejected or not? Cause I want to book some vacations abroad for summer & I don’t want to fudge up the dates by having it clash with a surprise VS

• 🤝
Reactions: jennycarter1

kcr

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2022
Invite to Mayer Brown simulation exercise. Applied close to the deadline and did the tests the following week. Any advice for the simulation exercise?

missingh

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2022
have my MoFos interview later, anyone have any idea if its better to say Morrison Foerster or "MoFos" when referring to them? feels a bit funny saying "i love Mofos!"
Hey I just had my 2nd round yesterday and don't worry they are very chill so refer to them as Mofo! Your interviewers will almost definitely say Mofo instead of morrison foerster :)

iamJW

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 21, 2019
If anyone here has done the W&C ac, how long did it take between taking your VI and receiving the AC invite? I’m really tired of waiting.

Also, is it bad to ring up a firm and just ask if I’ve been rejected or not? Cause I want to book some vacations abroad for summer & I don’t want to fudge up the dates by having it clash with a surprise VS
It took around 2 weeks for me

Last edited:
  • 🏆
Reactions: SuccessfulSolicitor
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.