TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
I'm seeing some posts about Freshfields asking for applicants to consider 2026 - I wanted to apply for their summer Direct deadline; does that mean it would only be for 2026?
Tbh I don't even understand why there is limited availability for Autumn 2025😂😂I thought we are the first batch of people who can apply for autmn 2025 haha

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For my slaughters interview I have to take my passport but for HSF they haven’t mentioned it @Jessica Booker is it expected that candidates would bring their passport along? Should I take it just in case?
No need to take it if they haven’t requested it. Some firms will do right to work checks at the interview stage, while others will do this either on your first day or sometimes between the offering being made and you joining the firm.

Reactions: Arch1234

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Tbh I don't even understand why there is limited availability for Autumn 2025😂😂I thought we are the first batch of people who can apply for autmn 2025 haha
Non-law vac schemers last year are likely to have gone forward for 2025. If they have converted a higher number of them than expected and had some deferrals from earlier recruitment rounds, it is pretty easy to already have filled them.

It might also have something to do with the SQE assessment dates too.

Oh and they will probably be holding some spots back for the summer vac schemers too!

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Non-law vac schemers last year are likely to have gone forward for 2025. If they have converted a higher number of them than expected and had some deferrals from earlier recruitment rounds, it is pretty easy to already have filled them.

It might also have something to do with the SQE assessment dates too.
Thanks a lot for the explanation Jessica!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.