TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend

Feb 24, 2023
I'm no expert, but I imagine plenty of people do drop out of vac schemes. Especially if this is for summer, loads of firms are still interviewing, so people holding offers might get clashing offers from firms they prefer. Also, if people are pursuing direct TC applications as well, presumably they'd pull out if one of those was successful.
I successfully interviewed for a VS at Jones day this week. Unfortunately, I was put on their reserve list because all openings for Spring and Summer were already filled.

Does anyone experience or know of someone who was initially placed on reserve list but ultimately offered a VS? What are my chances?

• 🤝
Reactions: aishaslm

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Just wondering if you had any advice. I'm super fortunate to have secured a VS. However, I am still looking at applying to some Direct TCs as I work in a Law Firm and now have the upcoming VS, so I am eligible. How would you advise I add my upcoming VS to my direct TC applications as it's in the future?
If the application form has an “any further information you want to provide” section, then this is an ideal place to include this detail.

Alternatively, if you are writing a cover letter or an answer to a motivational question, you can always add in a brief reference somewhere appropriate like “I look forward to completing my vacation scheme at Joe Bloggs LLP this summer”

wannabelawyer99

Standard Member
Feb 24, 2023
Anyone heard back from Penningtons Manches Cooper yet?

I did the AC 31st January. Recently got an email saying we'd hear back by end of March but that "offers for our Spring vacation scheme programme will be communicated before the end of February", so if I don't hear back from them by then, I'm thinking it's a rejection...

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Legend

Feb 24, 2023
I successfully interviewed for a VS at Jones day this week. Unfortunately, I was put on their reserve list because all openings for their Spring and Summer vacations were already filled.

Does anyone experience or know of someone who was initially placed on reserve list but ultimately offered a VS at Jones Day? What are my chances?

Appreciate any insights and guidance here. Thanks very much.

Reactions: anon266

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
I successfully interviewed for a VS at Jones day this week. Unfortunately, I was put on their reserve list because all openings for their Spring and Summer vacations were already filled.

Does anyone experience or know of someone who was initially placed on reserve list but ultimately offered a VS at Jones Day? What are my chances?

Appreciate any insights and guidance here. Thanks very much.
I keep hearing about this, is it only JD who does this? cause I’ll be so real I personally couldn’t handle doing all this work to be on the TBD waiting list 😭

• Sad
Reactions: daisy_yawn and axbg

lolamcd1

Esteemed Member
Feb 1, 2022
I'm a law graduate who has never done a VS. How would you answer the question of why haven't you done a VS or got a TC question sooner? That question really scares me and throws me off compltely so any help would be appreciated!

FluffyPursian

Nov 22, 2022
Anyone heard back from Penningtons Manches Cooper yet?

I did the AC 31st January. Recently got an email saying we'd hear back by end of March but that "offers for our Spring vacation scheme programme will be communicated before the end of February", so if I don't hear back from them by then, I'm thinking it's a rejection...

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
Still waiting on a result from AC that I did on 16/02/23 for their Spring scheme. Not sure what others have gotten.

Beginning to think its a rejection too bud :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.