TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

berrysmooth

Standard Member
Oct 25, 2022
Hi all and @Jessica Booker ,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm posting this seeking advice and help.

I have recently completed this cycle, with no VS's to show for it. I applied to 8 firms and made it to 4 AC's, but was not successful following any of my assessment centres.

This has left me feeling super discouraged by the whole thing; it's my first application cycle, so I am looking to apply next year following a masters (which I already have lined up).

All of the feedback that I have received has been pretty fairly generic, which has left me feeling even more lost. I think that I need some help on commercial awareness (and I mean legal awareness ie. warranties/indemnities, etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions for resources that can help you become better at Assessment Centres with tasks like written exercises/case studies/legal conversations/converting AC's to VS?

I really want to have a career in law and really want to improve to get some Vacation Schemes for next year.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated; it's been so great seeing all of you get your VS's and I'd love to join you all soon

tc_hopeful

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hi everyone! I was trying to book a mock interview on TCLA but it's not running for the next couple of weeks and I have an AC next week :( does anyone have any suggestions for where else I might be able to book a similar service?

Also, anyone else who has an AC lined up, do PM me if you're down to do practice interviews together :) let's help each other outtt~

Law Student

Distinguished Member
Dec 20, 2022
The Browne Jacobson vs application is the worst. For the education section, it makes me put down the date I took my GCSEs and A-levels, even though I do not remember the exact date.

I also did not take my A-levels because of lockdown in 2020 but there is no option to put this

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.