TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefulfuturetrainee24

Jan 17, 2023
Emailed a firm's HR yesterday, one week after a final interview and they still haven't replied. What's strange is that I know there have already been mass PFOs sent out and the majority of the Vac scheme places have been filled. So what are they waiting for 😰 ???? And do you think it's leaning towards a rejection?
You might be on hold and they’re waiting until people have accepted offer

Emilia

Esteemed Member
Feb 19, 2023
No I haven’t heard back post VI either, has anyone heard back from Boodle Hatfield yet post app? I attended an in person interview for Wedlake Bell for their Summer London VS on Tuesday if that is useful to anyone.
I still have not heard back from Boodle Hatfield or Wedlake Bell post application for VS's. I emailed them both asking for an update on Wednesday but I am still waiting for a reply.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker My graduation date coincides with my vac scheme. It’s during the second week of the 2 week scheme. Would a grad recruit team be lenient about me having this day off is it not even worth asking? I’m worried if I ask it will make me look less committed (and I will feel silly if they say no)
Graduations are typically allowed off from my experience but it is worthwhile flagging this to them ASAP, so you can get approval of the time off.

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
Hi guys! I joined this forum early this year and it’s been one of the best things I’ve done as it’s nice to see people going through the same worries as you especially with apps like LinkedIn which only post the highs. It’s nice to see people going through the lows too 🤣

My cycle has more or less come to an end (unless I put in more apps with direct TC’s ) with multiple PFO’s but one vac scheme secured at my dream firm!!

Thank you all again and wish you all the best xx🥰🥰

commerciallawyer2910

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2022
Hi guys! I joined this forum early this year and it’s been one of the best things I’ve done as it’s nice to see people going through the same worries as you especially with apps like LinkedIn which only post the highs. It’s nice to see people going through the lows too 🤣

My cycle has more or less come to an end (unless I put in more apps with direct TC’s ) with multiple PFO’s but one vac scheme secured at my dream firm!!

Thank you all again and wish you all the best xx🥰🥰
Congrats!! You deserve it, which firm? Xx

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
In a CV-blind interview, is one supposed to avoid referring to their university's name or any identifiable characteristics when talking about themselves/ their experiences?
I think it depends on the firm and the level of the interview. In my final round interview just 2 hours ago I mentioned the name of my university because I was talking about my role on the Cheer team and the associate and grad recruitment asked about who my rival uni was and we joked about that for a bit.

So I think if your interviewers are friendly and it’s a very conversational interview then sure! Worst case scenario: it’s not like they’ll reject you just because you mentioned your uni so don’t worry.

The only potential my be name-dropping for prestige. Like if you mention you go to Oxbridge more than 5 times in one sentence lol.

UnTCSilVousPlait

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    Hi guys - could I ask who Travers Smith and Macfarlanes main competitors are, aside from Slaughters?

Thanks!
    For Travers:
    Going through their Legal 500 Tier 1 rankings(6 of them), Baker McKenzie, DLA Piper, RPC, Clifford Chance, and Pinsent Masons feature multiple times in the same tier. So, highly likely they are competitors.

You could do a similar analysis for Macfarlanes.

Reactions: SCM
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.