Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you Jessica! Do you think taking this day off would affect my chances of scoring a TC?
No - this is a very common request and given it is for something you can probably not experience again, something too fine to request. The worst they can say is no.

Just maybe make the effort to make some time up across the rest of the week with the team you are sat with.

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Hi @Jessica Booker. The work experience section on one of my applications is asking me to tick if the experiences I list are "SQE Qualifying Work Experience"....this is for a direct TC application but I am confused why that would matter and if it will be taken into consideration by the firm in any way? Also, how do I know if a work experience fits the SQE criteria?

Bubbles

Legendary Member
    Jan 19, 2022
    Hi everyone,
    I'm an international student in the UK - can I do a winter vac scheme even if it is outside of my term time? Will a firm be able to sponsor me?
    Vac schemes are mostly(?) held outside term time so you don't have to miss your classes.. I don't think you need any kind of sponsorship to attend the vac scheme as long as you're still at uni?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.