TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
Oct 14, 2022
Actually CANNOT BELIEVE I am saying this following a rejection from 11/13 of the vacation schemes I applied for (and a probable PFO from number 12 due to the timescale), but i just got a VS offer from Cleary after the AC yesterday!!!! it was the last vac scheme i applied for and my first AC, so cannot stress ENOUGH that you genuinely never know what's going to happen! not to do an oscars style speech but i want to thank everyone (especially @hiremeplz )who answered my questions and gave me advice for the AC and also the people who were in my group yesterday even though they'll have no idea who I am!

NatashaS98

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 30, 2022
Actually CANNOT BELIEVE I am saying this following a rejection from 11/13 of the vacation schemes I applied for (and a probable PFO from number 12 due to the timescale), but i just got a VS offer from Cleary after the AC yesterday!!!! it was the last vac scheme i applied for and my first AC, so cannot stress ENOUGH that you genuinely never know what's going to happen! not to do an oscars style speech but i want to thank everyone (especially @hiremeplz )who answered my questions and gave me advice for the AC and also the people who were in my group yesterday even though they'll have no idea who I am!
Congratulations @laubedusixjuin 🥳I am super happy to hear this!! It only takes for one firm to say yes - best of luck with the scheme and if you need any advice on how to prepare for the VS let me know!

rn7

Premium Member
Apr 13, 2019
To anybody who has received an Osborne Clarke VS invitation and accepted - has grad rec gotten back to you? I accepted last Thursday but I'm concerned that it wasn't received. Thoughts?

Reactions: Lawstudent52

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    This is a bit off-topic, but I want to go to the gym during my spring vac scheme. Up in Manchester, there are gyms for which you can pay for daily/weekly passes. I'm looking online atm and can't really find a gym like this - does anyone have any suggestions in the square mile area?

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    Yes - Spring, and maybe a month ago!

I’m currently super nervous about the conversation statistics from VS to TC!
    Congratulations!!!! When did you get the VS offer? I don't blame you for being nervous, I would be too 😅 but it's anyone's chance so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

I'm really nervous because I haven't heard back since my AC - how long did it take for them to get back to you after the AC? Thank you sooo much

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Congratulations!!!! When did you get the VS offer? I don't blame you for being nervous, I would be too 😅 but it's anyone's chance so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

I'm really nervous because I haven't heard back since my AC - how long did it take for them to get back to you after the AC? Thank you sooo much
    Thank you! I heard back after just over a week, but someone I spoke to got an offer the same day, and another got an offer after two weeks, so it seems to vary loads!

Reactions: CallumJR
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.