TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuccessfulSolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 24, 2023
Actually CANNOT BELIEVE I am saying this following a rejection from 11/13 of the vacation schemes I applied for (and a probable PFO from number 12 due to the timescale), but i just got a VS offer from Cleary after the AC yesterday!!!! it was the last vac scheme i applied for and my first AC, so cannot stress ENOUGH that you genuinely never know what's going to happen! not to do an oscars style speech but i want to thank everyone (especially @hiremeplz )who answered my questions and gave me advice for the AC and also the people who were in my group yesterday even though they'll have no idea who I am!
Aww this is so sweet, congratulations 🥳

• Love
Reactions: laubedusixjuin

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Has anyone used earphones/headphones during a virtual interview just so the audio and everything else is clearer? Would this be frowned upon?
    I use airpods all the time - wouldn't worry about it... if anything it makes it clearer and removes background noise!

Denver

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 20, 2020
    Has anyone used earphones/headphones during a virtual interview just so the audio and everything else is clearer? Would this be frowned upon?
    For some interviews, I was told to use wired headphones and specifically not Bluetooth. But definitely use headphones :)

Aga123+

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2021
    Is it okay to contact a firm regarding the outcome of an AC after a week?

(I completed the AC last week, and grad recruitment (and the interviewers) said they'd contact with outcomes within the same week).

Reactions: Cryingtiger

Denver

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 20, 2020
    Bit off-topic, but does anyone know the easiest LLB Law modules to pick for 3rd year?
    That would depend on your strengths. Since you are in 3rd year, you probably know what kind of assessments, topics, and lecturers you do best with.
    I would recommend making a list of modules that interest you, then filter out the kind of assessments required (coursework/exam or both) and then look at who is teaching the module. Another point which could influence your choice is when the assessment(s) take place. It may be wise to spread them out and not have all assessments at the end of the year. Hope this helps!

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    This is a bit off-topic, but I want to go to the gym during my spring vac scheme. Up in Manchester, there are gyms for which you can pay for daily/weekly passes. I'm looking online atm and can't really find a gym like this - does anyone have any suggestions in the square mile area?
    I'd imagine there are PureGyms in the area? And afaik they do weekly passes

Reactions: sxw517
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.