Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if law firms offer support in terms of accommodation as I just received a VS offer in April and slightly worried!
It depends on the firm’s policy. They may support financially, although less likely to help you find something.

Many won’t pay for accommodation just because of the costs and will think the salary is sufficient to cover some form of accommodation. Some will offer bursaries to those in need, whilst openers may cover a certain amount of travel expenses.

It is worthwhile enquiring with the firm (there is no harm in doing this) and see what help they can provide. The worst they can say is they cannot help, which is no different to the situation you are in now anyway.

Reactions: law23 and CallumJR
Does anyone know if law firms offer support in terms of accommodation as I just received a VS offer in April and slightly worried!
Also you could try Aspiring Solicitors Foundation - it is AS’s charity that helps with equipment, accommodation and business attire. They may not pay for the whole thing but could potentially contribute

Reactions: Sarah T

FluffyPursian

Nov 22, 2022
I just got a rejection post AC. Does anyone have any tips on picking themselves back up and trying again. Feel quite exhausted from the process and like I’m losing all my chances. I did another AC the day after the one I was rejected from and now dreading that response too. Sorry for the waffle but any tips on how to process and try again would be amazing as feel as though everyone around me is getting offers
Been there before and it's tough :(

Once got onto a vac scheme for what I thought was my dream firm and missed out on a TC. Applied again this year for a direct TC and got through to the very final round and was...rejected.

At the latter stages of assessment there's very little separating the candidates and the fact you've reached the AC stage is further proof you'll be there again. Its also helpful to remind yourself that sometimes missing out on a firm can be a good thing. From hindsight, the firm I was rejected from x2 I now view as not actually being a good fit for my personality and I've been fortunate to find other places which are more up my street.

But it will suck getting rejected and sometimes the feedback can be rough. However, keep going and something will turn up 💪

lw2000

Distinguished Member
Aug 19, 2021
Will be three weeks tomorrow since I did their AC for a spring scheme and no response. Haven't heard anyone who's got an offer as of yet either.

Even if I did get it sorting accommodation at this stage looks increasingly difficult 😖
I got an offer on 24th Feb for spring scheme might be that they filled all the places for that and will offer you different dates?

• 🏆
Reactions: FluffyPursian

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
if a firm offers to reimburse travel expenses for attending the AC and the deadline to send your receipts is after you've heard back about their decision, is it bad to wait to request reimbursement until after the decision has come out?

wagman1233

Oct 3, 2022
Does anyone know if Addleshaw Goddard recruit solely from their vacation scheme or have a direct training contact route too? I can’t seem to find anything online.
Any responses are greatly appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
if a firm offers to reimburse travel expenses for attending the AC and the deadline to send your receipts is after you've heard back about their decision, is it bad to wait to request reimbursement until after the decision has come out?
You can send them before you hear back. It is not going to impact the decision when you submit the expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.