TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsed

Mar 15, 2023
Separately, I did an AC with Dechert just over two weeks ago. They said we'd hear back within two weeks and I know people who got offers but had to wait more than two weeks. I'm getting really worried because I assume it's a pfo at this point.

However, I've spoken to a few people on here and no one seems to have been interviewed after me, and received an offer. Can anyone please let me know if grad rec has been in contact? Thank you.
I was offered a place on the Dechert VS yesterday and did my AC on 24 Feb

• 🏆
Reactions: j.s.cox and Phoebe123451

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hello, I recently did an interview and am awaiting an outcome. This particular firm seems to check references before they give out an offer, and I was asked by grad rec if the reference I provided in the application is still valid. I said yes as it was my academic tutor. However, I have recently discovered that he has gone on parental leave until the 17th of April. Should I email the firm about this? I'm obviously not sure if they have tried reaching out to him or whether they intend on giving me an offer, but I don't know if I should flag this to them or whether they will contact me for a new reference.
I don’t think there is any harm in at least telling them this.

L9001

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 10, 2022
hello, I recently did an interview and am awaiting an outcome. This particular firm seems to check references before they give out an offer, and I was asked by grad rec if the reference I provided in the application is still valid. I said yes as it was my academic tutor. However, I have recently discovered that he has gone on parental leave until the 17th of April. Should I email the firm about this? I'm obviously not sure if they have tried reaching out to him or whether they intend on giving me an offer, but I don't know if I should flag this to them or whether they will contact me for a new reference.
IS this for Mofo? Can you share anything about the interview?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you! Should I have another reference ready when I email them? I'm worried about sounding too confident by insinuating they would want to get a reference as they are giving me an offer. However I also don't want their response to be delayed as they couldn't get in touch with my current reference if they do decide to give me an offer. I also feel a bit silly as I confirmed to grad rec that this was a fine reference to use during the interview but I wasn't aware he had gone on parental leave
I don’t think you will come across as over confident unless you reference them making you an offer.

They will understand the situation - you won’t be expected to know someone’s parental leave is coming up.

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    @Jessica Booker If you are completing a written assessment and the timer runs out on Launch Pad, does what you have written automatically upload or do you have to click submit?

I was proof reading and the timer went so I did not have a chance to click submit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.