TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKLaw

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
I don't understand Shoosmiths' criteria, I was unsuccessful for VS after the strength test stage, but got an email saying that since I've applied for TC as well, I will hear after screening. They say that I don't need to do the test if I've already done it, so does that mean they will consider me for TC based on the test that was unsuccessful for VS 🙃

Reactions: LS_1998 and Emilia

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is there a page for advice on how to get a TC from your vac scheme?
Here are some useful links:

For premium subscribers, there is also this course here:

academicweapon121

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 20, 2023
    I’ve just had an email from shoosmiths about my tc application (just that they are processing it etc) but the grad recruitment advisor that the email was from works in a different office to the one I applied. Does this mean anything?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I’ve just had an email from shoosmiths about my tc application (just that they are processing it etc) but the grad recruitment advisor that the email was from works in a different office to the one I applied. Does this mean anything?
    No - it doesn’t mean anything.

Reactions: newtothis

Emilia

Esteemed Member
    Feb 19, 2023
    I don't understand Shoosmiths' criteria, I was unsuccessful for VS after the strength test stage, but got an email saying that since I've applied for TC as well, I will hear after screening. They say that I don't need to do the test if I've already done it, so does that mean they will consider me for TC based on the test that was unsuccessful for VS 🙃
    I just got the same email… I think it means they’ll look at the application first and then if they like it they’ll look at the test we did for the VS. But it is weird considering we didn’t get an offer after the same test. Do you know when they’ll be telling us if we got to the test stage for the direct TC?

DKLaw

Star Member
    Feb 8, 2023
    I just got the same email… I think it means they’ll look at the application first and then if they like it they’ll look at the test we did for the VS. But it is weird considering we didn’t get an offer after the same test. Do you know when they’ll be telling us if we got to the test stage for the direct TC?
    No idea about the date for the test but it does say shortly. Do you think you'll do the test again if the link allows you to reattempt?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.