Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Any update on this @Jaysen
    Unfortunately we're only involved in raising awareness of the opportunity, but I have just spoken to Jo. She said:

"All candidates should have received an automated response to state that if they had not heard back from us, we could not reply to everybody individually.

All shortlisted candidates have now been contacted and interviews start tomorrow through until next Tuesday. We will have a roundup on Wednesday and decisions will be made at that time. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly afterwards. We had over 200 applicants this year, so as you can imagine it would be difficult to respond to everybody."

LO

Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2020
    I have an assessment centre for a summer vacation scheme, however the first week overlaps with another vacation scheme which I have already accepted my place for. Therefore if I was to get the offer for the second scheme, I would only be able to attend week 2, or would have to ask to be considered for a direct training contract (is this something a firm will consider?). At what point do I tell the second firm that I already have a vac scheme overlapping with theirs? Do I wait to see if I get an offer and them tell them? @Jessica Booker do you have any thoughts on this? Thank you so much!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have an assessment centre for a summer vacation scheme, however the first week overlaps with another vacation scheme which I have already accepted my place for. Therefore if I was to get the offer for the second scheme, I would only be able to attend week 2, or would have to ask to be considered for a direct training contract (is this something a firm will consider?). At what point do I tell the second firm that I already have a vac scheme overlapping with theirs? Do I wait to see if I get an offer and them tell them? @Jessica Booker do you have any thoughts on this? Thank you so much!
    At this stage, I’d wait to get an update and then speak to them about it if you were to get an offer.

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Has anyone heard from W&C post-ac recently?
    My AC was almost 4 weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything.

It’s more reassuring that everyone else is in the same position, but when they said 1-2 weeks, it’s really frustrating. More so because I have to book accommodation and it’s only around a month away and worried it’s going to be more expensive.

Just wish we could hear now :(

ethomas

Jul 23, 2022
    I have this exact problem and was hoping for some advice - if anyone has any!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.