TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    I submitted mine on the 27th!! Was panicking because I thought it was automatic but maybe they are dealing with the WVS first :)
    Ohh! It seems like the focus is currently on processing WVS applications. I've also noticed applicants for WVS receiving their WG later than expected. So, I would not worry too much as we still have plenty of time to reach out to the graduate recruitment team. I don't know if it might be best to wait for another week before doing so...

dms21

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 6, 2023
    Hi, for anyone who applied for Simmons SVS, how long did it take you to receive the link for the blended assessment? I submitted my application on Friday and they said they would send me a link in 2 working days but I haven't received anything yet.

Lawyerscup

May 21, 2022
    0 application submitted as am not applying anymore and am just here for the memes. PS am taking a break from applications as might go down SQE paralegal route.
    Hello:) I saw that you decided to apply to a few firms. What changed your mind? Just wondering if you spoke to any firm/firms and they advised against the SQE paralegal route for any particular reason. Thanks

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2023
    Hi everyone, not quite sure where to ask this, but can anyone please offer some advice on we should be doing to build up a strong application. I am just feeling really stuck to be honest, and I'm not sure what kinds of things I need to be doing (coming from someone who is in the final year of a non-law undergrad and has basically no law experience). Literally any advice, even it's really basic, would be very much appreciated!!!

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Hi everyone, not quite sure where to ask this, but can anyone please offer some advice on we should be doing to build up a strong application. I am just feeling really stuck to be honest, and I'm not sure what kinds of things I need to be doing (coming from someone who is in the final year of a non-law undergrad and has basically no law experience). Literally any advice, even it's really basic, would be very much appreciated!!!
    Hey @lawyerinzootopia,

I totally understand your situation and I am sorry for this. I did discuss some tips in this post which I think could be useful and motivating for you, so I hope it helps you in some way. https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....difficult-but-not-impossible.8100/post-150559

Good luck with the process !

Reactions: lawyerinzootopia

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 12, 2023
    Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.