TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Anyone know does Norton Rose Fulbright use the Watson Glaser?
    Hey, I was recently at the AC for the WVS - they said that they’re going to stop using it in the future, and are just working on getting it removed.

I don’t know if that changes anything for the scheme you’re applying for or how soon these changes will be implemented, but apparently candidates for the WVS AC were selected for TI based on the Artic Shores and not the WGT.

Zi48

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    Has anyone applied to Mayer Brown? I was expecting to automatically receive the WG, but I haven't gotten it yet
    They don’t use WG, there’s a SJT and a verbal reasoning test. I think it’s automatic but someone has to manually assign it, I got it after 3 days this year but last year it was almost a month after

• 🤝
    Reactions: bella98

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Hey, I was recently at the AC for the WVS - they said that they’re going to stop using it in the future, and are just working on getting it removed.

I don’t know if that changes anything for the scheme you’re applying for or how soon these changes will be implemented, but apparently candidates for the WVS AC were selected for TI based on the Artic Shores and not the WGT.
    what test did they use for the WVS? I 'm going to apply their Summer vacation scheme, is there any information on their website?

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    what test did they use for the WVS? I 'm going to apply their Summer vacation scheme, is there any information on their website?
    It’s the artic shores test - however to be safe I would still prepare for the WGT as well so long as it’s mentioned on their website. The only reason being, it was just a comment - anything could change and they may effectively decide that they would like to keep it. In the absence of a hard confirmation, I would play it as safe as possible.

Reactions: jplaw1010

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023

Is it convenient to PM you some questions about their application? thanks!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
    Apr 11, 2023
    Just did a VI and I'm not feeling great because I got nervous and stumbled over my words on a question. Does anyone know if this is assessed on a VI or just the content of your answer?
    I’ve passed 3 VI and stumbled on all of them so I assume my content would’ve got me through. Bring a little nervous is a good sign to grad rec, shows you care. You’ll be fine :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.