Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I believe so as they said they would be in touch with an outcome by end of Feb 2024 the latest.
To me this suggests they got many more applications than they expected earlier than expected, and so are pushing the later applicants to the next programme.

Reactions: CorporateCrocodile

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    This is quite random but I did an AC at pwc today this was for a non law grad role and my interviewer also mentioned that they lead interviews for legal roles e.g. vacation schemes. As well as being big into pro bono opportunities.

I only knew this as when I spoke about why I wanted to work there I touched on their pro bono and work they’ve done. She was very happy with the answer of looking at their pro bono area so if you get to AC stage ensure you mention that! As well as where you see your career within a few years/what you expect to be doing on a day to day basis.

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Very similar to TopScore by the looks of it.

It means it is highly likely to be an autogenerated report. What is likely to be the case is that you are scored against competencies and then the feedback is automatically generated on the basis of that scoring. The telling sign would be that there is no personal information relating to you or your answers represented in the feedback.

If that is the case, then it does mean reports will look very similar and in some places identical to other people's reports. If they score the same for you for something like analytical skills, they are going to get the same feedback. Because of this, it is not unfeasible for someone to have the same report as someone else - you could have just scored very similarly throughout the assessments and therefore got the same autogenerated feedback.

Typically these platforms do have the ability to pass on bespoke feedback - e.g. the equivalent someone saying "your teamworking example regarding your paralegal role at Joe Bloggs LLP could have provided more context of your input into the team". And in the best situation, I would expect firms to provide some of this detail in reports (even if it is just a summary paragraph at the end of the report) to complement to autogenerated parts. But that does require work/input and it might be that firms do not have the capacity to do this or aren't getting the necessary input from assessors to do it.

I completely understand the value of actionable feedback and ideally, firms should be giving it though. I know it is something I could have been better at in periods of my career - often capacity has been a major obstacle for me being able to do so.

Thank you so much for the clarification. Now I have a better understanding of how these reports work! It makes sense now why our feedback reports were identical, especially since we both recognised the case study as our weakest area and the competency-based interview as our strongest, even before receiving the feedback.

Hopefully, more firms will acknowledge the importance of personalised feedback and find ways to integrate it effectively into their processes, even amidst resource constraints.

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    This is quite random but I did an AC at pwc today this was for a non law grad role and my interviewer also mentioned that they lead interviews for legal roles e.g. vacation schemes. As well as being big into pro bono opportunities.

I only knew this as when I spoke about why I wanted to work there I touched on their pro bono and work they’ve done. She was very happy with the answer of looking at their pro bono area so if you get to AC stage ensure you mention that! As well as where you see your career within a few years/what you expect to be doing on a day to day basis.
    Any tips for the PwC video interview?

Flavius Aurelius

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2022
    Is there anyone who has not yet received the Hogan Lovells WG? I applied two weeks ago for the summer vacation scheme. Same with Mayer Brown and their test. Should I contact Grad Rec?
    If it's been two weeks maybe contact them. When I applied to HL I received the WG within a week and their grad rec advisor had said that they send out invites approx once every week. If it's been 2 weeks though maybe drop them a quick email to check all is good, won't do any harm.

flower

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 31, 2023
    does anyone know how to prepare for the latham online test? there is not a lot of info on it on the website
    it's pretty much just the SJT, and there are some practice SJT tests online, though I'm not sure how helpful they might be considering Latham is looking for a specific set of competencies

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.