TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
Any advice on what to put on an "anything else you want to tell us when considering your application?" non-compulsory question? Should I leave it blank? Is this just for any academic concessions or should I put extra details about myself?

SS21

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
No one knows but what I can confirm is that they are the worst addition to the application process this year without a shadow of a doubt. Really regret not applying to more firms last year when this wasn't a part of the process.
Firms change their processes all the time tbh so we just have to adapt as applicants. You got this! xx

• 🏆
Reactions: justheretolookaroundandvibe

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Do firms watch the practice question for VIs?

I just did DLA VI and they said the practice question wasn’t assessed but also said it would “help tell us a little bit about you” ??
No - they generally won’t have access to the practice questions. It would be very odd to label something as a practice question and then for it to be part of the recruitment process/assessment.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If I had 3 top strengths and then one weakest strength for my sjt report (weakest being collaborative) is that essentially a straight rejection?
No - there will always be weaknesses within a SJT report. It is impossible to know how the firm assessed the importance of the strengths and weaknesses though - only the firm would really be able to provide guidance on this.

Pennine Valley

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
No - they generally won’t have access to the practice questions. It would be very odd to label something as a practice question and then for it to be part of the recruitment process/assessment.
They did say it is not assessed - but they did also say that it gives us a chance to see more of your personality. So they must at least watch it?
For other DLA applicants interested, I personally did not do the practice assessment. Started at the camera for 20 seconds then clicked to stop.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.