Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
They did say it is not assessed - but they did also say that it gives us a chance to see more of your personality. So they must at least watch it?
For other DLA applicants interested, I personally did not do the practice assessment. Started at the camera for 20 seconds then clicked to stop.
That is a bit strange. It might be that they formally assess the other questions (eg score it) but still watch the practice question. But still seems a bit odd to do that in my opinion - can see why it is confusing to candidates.

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
what kinds of things are we supposed to include in the section "is there anything else you can tell us about yourself to support your application?" should this include extra circulars or only things like awards and scholarships?

manifestingtrainingcontract

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 24, 2023
    what kinds of things are we supposed to include in the section "is there anything else you can tell us about yourself to support your application?" should this include extra circulars or only things like awards and scholarships?
    The only thing I can say from Hogan Lovells' open day & application writing workshop, is that they expect you to write something down, even if the question is optional. They basically want you to talk about anything you've not talked about in the rest of the application. So if you covered a lot of the academic/professional aspect, but non of your other passions, such as volunteering, you can do that! One of the successful applications I saw talked about charity. It really does depend on the firm I'd say

Reactions: Sunshinepink

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This can be anything you would like to include but that hasn’t naturally been able to be presented in other sections, because you haven’t been asked but you think it’s quite vital for your candidacy. This shouldn’t be anything you ran out of space to include, but anything where you haven’t been given the opportunity to present the information.

This could be a whole host of things though:

- Clarification of grading systems
    - extenuating circumstances
    - explaining any gaps in education or employment
    - typical application questions that are not included in this particular application

Reactions: hannah04

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.