TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Erspencer

Aug 4, 2023
If an email invite says "The deadline for completing this video interview is 7 calendar days from this email being sent", does the time at which you received the email matter? Or just the day? Trying to figure out if I have until the end of tomorrow or 10am tomorrow to finish it! Thanks!
For one I did earlier it was 7 days from the time of the email and I would always sit on the side of caution if you are unsure- better to be safe then sorry

Reactions: elektrajenkov

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have experience reapplying to Covington after making it to final stages in the past? They say this on their website:

"Candidates who have previously applied, including those who have previously attended an interview, can reapply the following year. However, candidates must be able to demonstrate how their application has developed since they last applied to the firm."

Does anyone have advice for what they might expect? How much development are they expecting here?
I don’t know the firm, but understand the policy more generally. It’s difficult to measure what is a significant development, as it’s not measured by one thing. However, I think you as a candidate have to feel you are a very different candidate now compared to the last time you applied through the things you have done or achieved. You shouldn’t be rushing to reapply if you just feel you might get a little luckier with the process this time around.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If an email invite says "The deadline for completing this video interview is 7 calendar days from this email being sent", does the time at which you received the email matter? Or just the day? Trying to figure out if I have until the end of tomorrow or 10am tomorrow to finish it! Thanks!
I would count day one as the day you received the email, and then add on six more days from that up until 23.59 just to be safe. You probably could still access the assessment after then, but this just gives you the least riskiest approach when it comes to interpreting the timeline

danturner

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Has anyone heard from the following:

CMS post-VI (Dubai)
Addleshaw Goddard Spring post-app (London)
Baker Mckenzie Spring post-app (London)
Squire Patton Boggs post-app (London)
Macfarlanes spring post-app (London)

Quite a few but thanks :p
Did you apply directly for the Macfarlanes spring scheme? I could not find anywhere on the form to indicate a preference?

Yusuf391

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 1, 2023
Has anyone heard back from Taylor Wessing post-test?

Also, what did people think of the test? I just did it and was not a fan.

Same here, the test was so difficult. The evaluation of argument section was particularly confusing with so many different options like strong, fairly strong, quite strong etc.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.