Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker do you know if for firms which have no minumum a level requirements whether they still require a certain number of UCAS points?
If they have no A-level criteria, this will apply across all types of qualifications and therefore you will not need a certain number of UCAS points either.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For Reed Smith's blended assessment, is it fine that I did the SJT part today and leave the VI for tmr? Coz they said they record the response time. @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre
I don’t know unfortunately. I would check with the firm if you haven’t completed both already.

Reactions: MrHubertLouis

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
I haven't heard from Goodwin yet but I think they resubmitted my application on the 21st and idk why - potentially because I picked just the summer vacation scheme ? Has this happened to anyone else?
Yeah they did same to me - I think its standard. The second one for me was submitted as "Either Vacation Scheme"

Reactions: AB

trainingcontract

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
For the auto fill-in function for vantage apps, it is possible to change the work experience section? I have a couple of typos in the original saved one and I don't always remember to correct it for every app lol, thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
if you're a non-law final year planning to do PGDL, when should you apply for a TC? I'm just applying for vac schemes rn, but some places automatically put you forward for TC like Kirkland. Can't you just apply for them next round (autumn/winter 2024) while doing the PGDL?
Considering most firms are recruiting for 2026 or 2027 intakes this cycle, you’d have enough time to still complete the GDL and SQE before the TC started, so could apply this year for a TC if you are eligible.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.