TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
does anyone know what to do for someone struggling to find academic / professional references ?
Does it specify it has to be academic/professional? If not I’ve used references before from professionals I’ve networked with but if they’ve specified I’m not sure that’s helpful! Is there a personal tutor or favourite lecturer you could contact?

legallyad

Premium Member
Sep 13, 2022
Does it specify it has to be academic/professional? If not I’ve used references before from professionals I’ve networked with but if they’ve specified I’m not sure that’s helpful! Is there a personal tutor or favourite lecturer you could contact?
Morgan Lewis are asking for both 😭 There are but as I’ve graduated university and morgan lewis’ deadline is approaching this could be hard haha - i think i’ll give it a go anyway. thank you!!

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
Morgan Lewis are asking for both 😭 There are but as I’ve graduated university and morgan lewis’ deadline is approaching this could be hard haha - i think i’ll give it a go anyway. thank you!!
In my experience my personal tutor from uni has always been really helpful with references and I graduated two years ago!! So fingers crossed for you :))

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    I am not a native speaker of English and every time I feel so frustrated and nervous when I have to do a VI or attend an AC. Does anyone feel the same way😭
    Absolutely 😭 I've started to wonder if my Italian accent might be a factor in not progressing past the interview stage, despite feeling like I've given the right answers.

When speaking, I often fear that I'm not clear enough or that I might make grammatical mistakes because I’m too nervous. This doesn't happen when I'm writing because I have more time to think, which is probably why I usually pass the application stage. But during interviews, I feel this pressure and can't help thinking that it would be so much easier if I were a native English speaker.

Hana (aaah I want a TC)

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 7, 2023
    I am not a native speaker of English and every time I feel so frustrated and nervous when I have to do a VI or attend an AC. Does anyone feel the same way😭
    Yes, all the time. Especially when I can't find the right word that I KNOW the meaning of, but it just doesn't come to me in English. But I think that's what makes us unique, too.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Toomanypfo

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    For anybody that has passed the app stage for Bakers this year, did you explicitly name one of their clients in the client question, or did you mention PE houses for example? As I am losing the will to live trying to find a mining client of the firm that uses the London projects team for work, even though I know there are some according to their website, they are just not named.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.