TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

cattlawapps324

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2024
Haven't heard from IM since the VI which was an *experience* in itself so I'm not holding out
Same I fully bombed that 🤣 30 secs prep time is pointless imo - they might as well just give u zero prep time cos cant even think with that pressure to properly consider question and then get composed. at least what i felt.

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Just completed HL WG and tbh as always I did awful but I wanted to know what people would’ve put for this question as I was severely confused 😭 or maybe I’m stupid 🤔 (I’ve been rejected twice for HL this cycle VS and lift off)

Statement
    "Professional development programmes must focus on both the organisation's goals and employees' individual career objectives."

Proposed assumption
    “It is difficult for an employee to meet his or her individual career goals without the support of the organisation.”

Assumption made or Assumption not made

I put assumption made but I’m pretty sure it’s wrong 😕

D

Deleted member 32324

Has anyone that's been rejected for the Freshfields workshop received a Watson Glaser invite? Kind of wish I didn't spend time preparing since they'd already rejected me once this cycle :/

• 🤝
    Reactions: AB
    D

Deleted member 32324

Just completed HL WG and tbh as always I did awful but I wanted to know what people would’ve put for this question as I was severely confused 😭 or maybe I’m stupid 🤔 (I’ve been rejected twice for HL this cycle VS and lift off)

Statement
    "Professional development programmes must focus on both the organisation's goals and employees' individual career objectives."

Proposed assumption
    “It is difficult for an employee to meet his or her individual career goals without the support of the organisation.”

Assumption not made imo. No mention of difficulty in the original statement.

ADKM

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2022

Statement

Proposed assumption

l’ll say assumption not made. Taking the statement to be true, there’s nothing in the proposed assumption which talks about the purpose of having professional development programmes i.e why should they exist? Professional support can be offered in many different ways. I could be totally wrong but it would be interesting to note what others think

affidavid

Star Member
    Jan 9, 2024

Statement

Proposed assumption

yh that assumption has not been made in the statement.

NJS

Legendary Member
  • Aug 21, 2021

Statement

Proposed assumption

Not made

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.