TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Njaliwe Ungwe

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 15, 2020
Just completed HL WG and tbh as always I did awful but I wanted to know what people would’ve put for this question as I was severely confused 😭 or maybe I’m stupid 🤔 (I’ve been rejected twice for HL this cycle VS and lift off)

Statement
"Professional development programmes must focus on both the organisation's goals and employees' individual career objectives."

Proposed assumption
“It is difficult for an employee to meet his or her individual career goals without the support of the organisation.”

Assumption made or Assumption not made

I put assumption made but I’m pretty sure it’s wrong 😕
I personally would have said that the assumption wasn’t made as the proposed assumption doesn’t need to be true for the statement to be true

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2022
if Milbank and W&C can muster up the cojones to finally pull the plug i'd be very appreciative :)
I personally wouldn't write off Milbank so soon, it seems that they were still offering ACs in Feb last application cycle :)
Additionally, W&C has been known to take a while to get back to applicants, so I would just try to be patient!

Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.