TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
Walker Morris PFO.

I did their AC in 2017, and the structure appears to be the same. It's a group exercise on a short case study. IIRC our group was asked to present how we would approach advising a shopping centre on an expansion. That's it. Takes about two hours.

• 🤝
  • Sad
Reactions: AB and Sharon Wu

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
So I have been requested to repeat the video interview because apparently the audio wasn't working (questions reset) and been asked to do it by Monday. Do you guys think this may disadvantage my application?
Absolutely not, many people get requested to do this for a variety of different reasons. If they wanted to judge you negatively on this, they would have just rejected you without giving you the chance of retaking it. If anything, it is a positive sign from the firm because it means that they care to give you a fair and genuine shot.

walterwhite

Jan 12, 2024
I personally wouldn't write off Milbank so soon, it seems that they were still offering ACs in Feb last application cycle :)
Additionally, W&C has been known to take a while to get back to applicants, so I would just try to be patient!
Yeah, I guess you're right. it's just the wait that's extremely debilitating - it's even approaching the degree to where my studies are becoming materially affected by it. If my application is inevitably going to be rejected, I'd rather know as soon as possible to best mitigate the fallout damage.

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
Absolutely not, many people get requested to do this for a variety of different reasons. If they wanted to judge you negatively on this, they would have just rejected you without giving you the chance of retaking it. If anything, it is a positive sign from the firm because it means that they care to give you a fair and genuine shot.
Thank you so so much for this, Axel!! I deffo needed the reassurance :)

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
One more question re CRS. On their application form, I submitted first preference for the spring scheme and left second preference blank as it's very likely I won't be in the UK during the summer. Is this something that's likely to impact the outcome of my application post VI?

Reactions: yasmars

Victor87

Distinguished Member
Apr 19, 2023
Would anyone who used jobtestprep to prepare for their WG and managed to go to the next stage (or generally get a good score) be willing to pm me? I'm trying to gauge the scores I should be getting on there to be comfortable with taking actual WG tests

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.