TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    AC no.2 complete, I must say you guys were right you do improve after every AC! I had absolutely no nerves straight vibes😭 Spoke so much when she asked "why x" that she had no follow up questions.... and said "wow that was very comprehensive" (dunno if that is a good or bad thing) 🤣

now to do Shoosmiths, Withers, WBD and BBC tests/Vi/written exercises by sunday😰

Last edited:

joshm3010

Standard Member
    Jan 18, 2024
    ANYTHING FROM RS I AM LOSING IT
    The worst thing in the world was being told "We'll get back to you by the end of this week." I understand it is because the first round of ACs got sent out Monday so a holding email was necessary but boy does it induce inbox-mania from Wednesday onwards. Just know they have their choices, yes or no, patience is a virtue.

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
    Sep 13, 2023
    I’ve had a mare with my Bates Wells application.

My 1st app for the VS this year had replicated info for one of my Volunteer Experiences. As in, I used the same Info for one volunteer experience in another one I mentioned.

I emailed kindly, GradRec said if I want to deleted the app to submit a new I should email the team that handles the data. They said that BW has to do it. So I emailed back to BW and said I would submit a new one under a new email. However GradRec have not replied to this recent email I sent.

When submitting a new application the SAME THING HAPPENED. I sent in the same response for one of the questions😭

What do I do? Do I just accept my fate?

joshm3010

Standard Member
    Jan 18, 2024

My 1st app for the VS this year had replicated info for one of my Volunteer Experiences. As in, I used the same Info for one volunteer experience in another one I mentioned.

I emailed kindly, GradRec said if I want to deleted the app to submit a new I should email the team that handles the data. They said that BW has to do it. So I emailed back to BW and said I would submit a new one under a new email. However GradRec have not replied to this recent email I sent.

When submitting a new application the SAME THING HAPPENED. I sent in the same response for one of the questions😭

Attention to detail is a key trainee skill ;)

Reactions: bangarangbass39

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022

I’d say just leave it. You don’t wanna be perceived as bombarding the Graduate recruitment. As long as you’ve emailed them about the issue, I’m sure they will be able to pick up on it when they’re reviewing your application.

Petallove1

Legendary Member
    Feb 8, 2023
    Have RPC definitely had all of their ACs? I'm also still waiting to hear back post WG
    I’m beginning to think maybe it’s not the case because PFOs have gone out but a lot of people on here haven’t received one. At the open day they defo mentioned they were holding two rounds of ACs and one was much earlier. Each of their groups for AC were super small (I read 5 on here) and they did four days, so would make sense if they were doing another week but really not sure!!! I guess we’ll find out soon (hopefully)

Reactions: sibs23

mp2000

Distinguished Member
    Jan 29, 2024
    I’m beginning to think maybe it’s not the case because PFOs have gone out but a lot of people on here haven’t received one. At the open day they defo mentioned they were holding two rounds of ACs and one was much earlier. Each of their groups for AC were super small (I read 5 on here) and they did four days, so would make sense if they were doing another week but really not sure!!! I guess we’ll find out soon (hopefully)
    That's what I was thinking! Someone on here said they knew all the ACs had taken place but with PFOs going out to some but not all I feel like there may be a glimmer of hope! I really hope we find out soon!

• Love
    Reactions: Petallove1

tcplease2345

Valued Member
    Feb 6, 2024
    The worst thing in the world was being told "We'll get back to you by the end of this week." I understand it is because the first round of ACs got sent out Monday so a holding email was necessary but boy does it induce inbox-mania from Wednesday onwards. Just know they have their choices, yes or no, patience is a virtue.
    I know there is so much anxiety but, I hope at the end of this we actually get an AC!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.