TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

tcplease2345

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2024
To those who received a second holding email from Reed Smith what does it say? If it says "Thank you for completing your assessment for our Vacation Scheme 2023/24 role. We will be in touch soon with an update on your application." its not a holding email, its an automated response
I got this email on 30th Jan and on Monday I got the email saying they will get back by the end of this week.

sm99

Distinguished Member
Feb 5, 2020
When you get questions about if you could invent a law etc what would it be - is this a way to showcase what area of law you like or am I silly for thinking it’s the perfect chance to add some personality into a boring VI? 😭🤣

For an upcoming AC, the info says the lawyers who interview you have sight of your initial application form. Would anyone suggest then coming up with new answers for 'why me' & 'why the firm' etc? Quite liked my answers on the app but don't want to negatively impact myself by repeating what they have already read! Hoping I could use them as a foundation anyway.

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
For an upcoming AC, the info says the lawyers who interview you have sight of your initial application form. Would anyone suggest then coming up with new answers for 'why me' & 'why the firm' etc? Quite liked my answers on the app but don't want to negatively impact myself by repeating what they have already read! Hoping I could use them as a foundation anyway.
You could definitely use them as foundation of your answer or talk about the content and going deeper with your answer. Also, remember that reading an answer and saying it out loud are very different so they might not even notice even if you repeat it out loud.

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
Sep 13, 2023
I’d say just leave it. You don’t wanna be perceived as bombarding the Graduate recruitment. As long as you’ve emailed them about the issue, I’m sure they will be able to pick up on it when they’re reviewing your application.
Ah ffs. Thanks for the reassurance. I'm pretty confident that it means my application is in the bin. Especially since the firm recieves just over 700 apps and it's the city. I imagine they don't have that much patience for someone messing up so soon.

Sucks. It's been the firm I've enjoyed researching the most. Really wanted the opportunity but alas. It is what is, I guess.

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    I’m beginning to think maybe it’s not the case because PFOs have gone out but a lot of people on here haven’t received one. At the open day they defo mentioned they were holding two rounds of ACs and one was much earlier. Each of their groups for AC were super small (I read 5 on here) and they did four days, so would make sense if they were doing another week but really not sure!!! I guess we’ll find out soon (hopefully)
    So basically I had the RPC AC last week (31st Jan)

They mentioned that there are four ACs in total🤔 They explained that decisions on offers would be made in mid-February. This is because RPC assesses candidates collectively across all ACs rather than offering positions on a rolling basis after each individual AC. Even though the exact timing is unclear, it seems there might be a final AC happening next week, followed by the offer decisions.

ljms

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 2, 2024
    To those who received a second holding email from Reed Smith what does it say? If it says "Thank you for completing your assessment for our Vacation Scheme 2023/24 role. We will be in touch soon with an update on your application." its not a holding email, its an automated response
    Strange. Maybe there's a bug. The way these are being sent all over the place might suggest that it's a bug triggered when your VI is being/has been reviewed.

Reactions: bella98

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.