TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    also jus a p.s to those waiting to v&e post vi, one of my friends was on a mentoring scheme they did with aspiring solicitors and those people on the scheme are firstly invited to the AC so i don’t think majority anyone who went through the formal process heard back [as far as ik]

(the people on the scheme didn’t do a video interview they jus directly got invited to the AC so that’s what i mean)

missingh

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 14, 2022
    I am yet to know but one time grad rec told me that we would definitely see each other again after a final stage interview - which I took to be a good sign - and then I received a rejection two days later :)

I was also told 'I look forward to seeing you around the corridors' by a senior associate and then didn't get the VS 😊 Something else at the AC must have massively let me down ahaha
    I was told 'wow I am so impressed by your confidence and character to speak to me and other senior partner for an hour at a party- you're fantastic! It would be great to share an office with you, come with me I'll introduce you to all the other partners!' by a senior partner at a firm event on my VS. I wasn't offered the TC LOL 🤣

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 23, 2023
    also jus a p.s to those waiting to v&e post vi, one of my friends was on a mentoring scheme they did with aspiring solicitors and those people on the scheme are firstly invited to the AC so i don’t think majority anyone who went through the formal process heard back [as far as ik]

(the people on the scheme didn’t do a video interview they jus directly got invited to the AC so that’s what i mean)
    What's the name of the mentoring scheme? Should have applied for the mentoring scheme lol

Legalregal

Valued Member
    Jan 13, 2021
    I was told 'wow I am so impressed by your confidence and character to speak to me and other senior partner for an hour at a party- you're fantastic! It would be great to share an office with you, come with me I'll introduce you to all the other partners!' by a senior partner at a firm event on my VS. I wasn't offered the TC LOL 🤣
    Interested.. what did you talk to a senior partner about for an hour? :)

Reactions: AB and Sharon Wu

sediofoifsf

Standard Member
    Mar 6, 2023
    Does no one have any positive experience 😭

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.