TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

svmmi7

Feb 27, 2024
Shoosmiths PFO for the placement🥹 but at least they will still consider my app for a TC..

The email said
“As you have also applied for a training contract, I will be in touch with you about the outcome of that application in April/May.”
Same :/ received the PFO email today at my part-time job and feel absolutely crap!

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
Is it normal for people to ghost you like that on Linkedin? Since getting the Mishcon AC I've sent a lot of messages to people who got the spring vacation scheme to find out more about the assessment centre etc. NO ONE REPLIED. 😭
It’s not normal. But people don’t reply because they see you as potential competition and also because they’d rather provide tips to someone they are friends with. I know a case of 3 people getting a vac scheme at the same place. They all went to the same uni. The first one interviewed and then shared pretty much everything from the AC with the remaining three.

However, there are many reasons why people don’t reply. Eventually, some nice person will reply so there are people who are genuinely nice!

Last edited:

mg1

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 25, 2023
Is it normal for people to ghost you like that on Linkedin? Since getting the Mishcon AC I've sent a lot of messages to people who got the spring vacation scheme to find out more about the assessment centre etc. NO ONE REPLIED. 😭
this might sound a bit cold, but maybe for them there simply is no incentive to respond to a total stranger asking them for advice? i can empathise with you that it feels really disheartening, but this can be the nature of cold calling/messaging on linkedin across all industries :(

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    its infuriating! I got my PM AC and this trainee fully read my message and aired me 😭

i think at least 6 people have ignored me even grad rec from Jones Day but she connected with me 💀

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    its infuriating! I got my PM AC and this trainee fully read my message and aired me 😭

i think at least 6 people have ignored me even grad rec from Jones Day but she connected with me 💀
    I learned my lesson with trainees and understood that they would not reply. I get it, they're busy. That's why this time I contacted STUDENTS who got the vac scheme
    Like c'mon - how busy can you be? Especially since they viewed my message and are online most of the time...

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.