TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
White & Case VI and Dechert VI back to back…

Not going to lie, definitely surprised considering I have BCC at A-Level but guess there’s a little hope.

P.S - DLA did not respond, so I contacted cappfinity instead - they managed to reset it from the back-end. Account got locked due to a password error. Peak.
@LegallyBrown Congratulations!! So proud!

Reactions: LegallyBrown

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Did anyone else get an email from White & Case asking for university module breakdown due to system error?

Nearly had a heart attacking thinking I got a VI🤣
    Not to get your hopes up, but they sent that to me earlier today.

I clarified my undergraduate grades and LPC (luckily my results were announced on Monday this week so I could just write distinction).

Then in the afternoon I got the VI. Hope it’s the same for you!!!

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023

I clarified my undergraduate grades and LPC (luckily my results were announced on Monday this week so I could just write distinction).

Oh wow well done on the distinction!!!

My university module grades were atrocious especially contract law but managed to graduate with a first haha

I’ve had 2 rejection already today so can’t get any worse 😅

TN

Dec 21, 2020

Congrats on the VI. I may assume rejection now :(
    May I ask if you choose spring and summer vacation scheme as your 2nd and 3rd choice in the application too?

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Congrats on the VI. I may assume rejection now :(
    May I ask if you choose spring and summer vacation scheme as your 2nd and 3rd choice in the application too?
    I chose winter, spring then summer - but also the LPC Training Contract. Don’t know if they’re just doing testing more generally first, and then if we’re good enough might slot us in whichever is available or if they’re recruiting for a specific choice.

Reactions: TN

mg1

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 25, 2023
    Is anyone applying for HL Lift Off, is it just an app + WG? Seems bizarre that if you get a place on it, you get an automatic VS without an interview...
    "Through HL Lift Off you’ll secure an automatic place on a vacation scheme or training contract assessment day." I had understood it to be that you get a guaranteed VS/TC AC, rather than an automatic VS? As getting a VS without interview seems a bit too good to be true..

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    "Through HL Lift Off you’ll secure an automatic place on a vacation scheme or training contract assessment day." I had understood it to be that you get a guaranteed VS/TC AC, rather than an automatic VS? As getting a VS without interview seems a bit too good to be true..
    I cannot read, completely misinterpreted that. thanks!

• 🤝
    Reactions: mg1

NSC414

Star Member
    Aug 7, 2023
    I applied to the Macfarlanes Vac Scheme and was asked to do an online assessment. This is the third time I've applied but all previous incidents have resulted in an outright PFO with no request to do an assessment. Has Macfarlanes changed their application process this year from previous years, so all applicants are now required to complete the online test?

Reactions: Noodles

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.