TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
Does Dechert have arbitration practice in the London office? I remember speaking to their grad rec last year and they said that they didn't have a team for one of the practices I was interested in. I cant remember if it was arbitration for sure.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
I noticed that Sidley only retained 8 out of 14 trainees in 2023. Does anyone know why? 60% seems pretty low...
Doesn't surprise me tbf. I was mocked by my interviewer for my pronunciation lol Jokes aside, I think that's the case with most US firms because they don't normally have many NQs spots available, especially if the majority of trainees wants to qualify in the same practice area.

• Haha
Reactions: juiceboy

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.