TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

emilyding

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hi guys, I just got my WG report for Linklaters Open Day and the result is not favourable (below 50%) - this is my first time doing the test and does anyone have tips on how to improve it?

I know Linklaters doest't allow us to retake WG - provided my low score, should I still apply for their vacation scheme?

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
I also got my WG score back from Linklaters I got 15% Percentile but I got 23/40 questions right which means I scored 57% accuracy. Does that mean I passed the test right - I am confused??

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
Hi guys, I just got my WG report for Linklaters Open Day and the result is not favourable (below 50%) - this is my first time doing the test and does anyone have tips on how to improve it?

I know Linklaters doest't allow us to retake WG - provided my low score, should I still apply for their vacation scheme?
I don’t know if they look at your percentile or your actual answers - what did you get out of 40?

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    WHAT - that wouldn’t make sense - because your percentile goes hand in hand with how many answers you have gotten right I believe. The percentile shows how many people who have done the test ?? - this is so confusing honestly
    I'm convinced time is taken account for even though it says untimed i reckon they still compare candidates on timings. As i took my sweet time doing it maybe 45 mins or so? but this was because i was soo tired after the CAPP test which felt like 10 hours.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If a firm states on its website "please note we are unable to employ you unless you have the right to work in the UK at the date the role commences and for the duration of the contract" - does this mean they don't offer sponsorships?

This is Hill Dickinson btw - I can't find any info about sponsorships. If anyone knows their grad rec email address pls send it through!
    I would take it that they don’t sponsor visas based on that wording.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.