Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Clifford Chance and Slaughter and May don't do vacation schemes? Like isn't it a bit presumptuous on their part to think people will want to work there for their TC without even spending a week in the firm first?
Both firms do vacation schemes. CC’s is the Spark programme and for Slaughters they have winter, spring and summer programmes.

VMS

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Is there anyone who applied to Allen & Overy Vacation Schemes in the past who knows if they phone the acceptances first before getting to the rejections? I've only heard about people getting in so far, so wondering if it's likely they're phoning for all their acceptances before they start rejecting people.

EK1234

Nov 3, 2023
A&O Winter Vac Scheme!!! Can't believe it. Considering I got rejected to attend open days at some firms this is hugely reassuring and validating. This forum has been really helpful practically and pastorally - to all those going through it, keep going! I have been disheartened so many times and felt like I was facing an insurmountable wall but it was worth it to keep plugging.
Congrats!! When did you sit your AC!?

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Just did DLA's WG - feeling disheartened as I found it really difficult and am certain I have answered some Qs wrong despite practising WGs this whole week in preparation for it. Does anybody have any advice on how to keep going - this is my third cycle and I am feeling unhopeful!

• 🤝
Reactions: legallybrunette8

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.