TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Quick question, and any tips would be appreciated.

Following my interview today, there was something I created in the past that my interviewers were very interested in (it was an animation) that they wanted to see but I didn’t have it on my desktop so I couldn’t share my screen at the time.

I was wondering, would it be weird for me to email them a little thank you and a copy of the animation?

They didn’t ask for it specifically so I thought maybe it would be nice but at the same time I don’t want it to seem like I’m trying too hard (if that makes sense). Realistically, I doubt they would watch it - but it seems a shame because they were so intrigued.

Any advice?

plteo22

Standard Member
    Nov 1, 2023
    Anyone else still waiting on slaughter's winter workshop? The TC deadline is coming up soon and given the fact you can't apply for the TC until you've received an outcome from the winter workshop application, they're cutting it quite fine

plmokn

Jan 25, 2023

Following my interview today, there was something I created in the past that my interviewers were very interested in (it was an animation) that they wanted to see but I didn’t have it on my desktop so I couldn’t share my screen at the time.

I was wondering, would it be weird for me to email them a little thank you and a copy of the animation?

They didn’t ask for it specifically so I thought maybe it would be nice but at the same time I don’t want it to seem like I’m trying too hard (if that makes sense). Realistically, I doubt they would watch it - but it seems a shame because they were so intrigued.

Any advice?
    I'd say do it. You have nothing to lose, but so much to gain.

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021

Any advice?
    I think definitely do it, if not the interviewers then GR referencing that they were interested. It's definitely something that would make you memorable to the interviewers/GR!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Any advice?
    No problem in sending it - just keep the email short and to the point, with a brief reference of why you are sending it to them.

Reactions: LegallyBrown

Tintin06

Legendary Member
    Oct 23, 2019
    Holding myself accountable (again):

Willkie Farr & Gallagher ✅📼📝
    Covington & Burling ✅
    Shearman & Sterling ✅
    White & Case ✅📼
    Milbank ✅
    Ropes & Gray ✅
    Arnold & Porter ✅
    Sullivan & Cromwell ✅
    Latham & Watkins ✅
    Kirkland & Ellis ✅
    Skadden Arps ✅
    Vinson & Elkins ✅
    Weil Gotshal & Manges ✅
    Akin ✅
    Gibson Dunn ✅❌
    Goodwin ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅
    Paul Hastings ✅
    Ashurst ✅ 📝❌
    Macfarlanes ✅📝
    Mayer Brown ✅📝
    King & Spalding?
    Winston & Strawn?
    Morgan Lewis ✅
    Fried Frank (1st January)
    Orrick ✅
    Dechert ✅
    Cooley ✅
    Morrison Foerster ✅
    Slaughter and May ✅❌

✅ = application; 📝 = test/written exercise; 📼 = VI, ❌ = PFO.

Three PFOs, but honestly, the excitement you get even just getting an open-day invite or a VI makes it all worthwhile.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023

Covington & Burling ✅
    Shearman & Sterling ✅
    White & Case ✅📼
    Milbank ✅
    Ropes & Gray ✅
    Arnold & Porter ✅
    Sullivan & Cromwell ✅
    Latham & Watkins ✅
    Kirkland & Ellis ✅
    Skadden Arps ✅
    Vinson & Elkins ✅
    Weil Gotshal & Manges ✅
    Akin ✅
    Gibson Dunn ✅❌
    Goodwin ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅
    Paul Hastings ✅
    Ashurst ✅ 📝❌
    Macfarlanes ✅📝
    Mayer Brown ✅📝
    King & Spalding?
    Winston & Strawn?
    Morgan Lewis ✅
    Orrick ✅
    Dechert ✅
    Cooley ✅
    Morrison Foerster ✅
    Slaughter and May ✅❌

Three PFOs, but honestly, the excitement you get even just getting an open-day invite or a VI makes it all worthwhile.
    Amazing! And I agree, when I was applying I used to get so excited for VI or interview invites and it does make it all worthwhile so keep going!

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 12, 2018

Covington & Burling ✅
    Shearman & Sterling ✅
    White & Case ✅📼
    Milbank ✅
    Ropes & Gray ✅
    Arnold & Porter ✅
    Sullivan & Cromwell ✅
    Latham & Watkins ✅
    Kirkland & Ellis ✅
    Skadden Arps ✅
    Vinson & Elkins ✅
    Weil Gotshal & Manges ✅
    Akin ✅
    Gibson Dunn ✅❌
    Goodwin ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅
    Paul Hastings ✅
    Ashurst ✅ 📝❌
    Macfarlanes ✅📝
    Mayer Brown ✅📝
    King & Spalding?
    Winston & Strawn?
    Morgan Lewis ✅
    Orrick ✅
    Dechert ✅
    Cooley ✅
    Morrison Foerster ✅
    Slaughter and May ✅❌

How long do you spend on each application?
    Do you have suggestions for balancing quality and volume?

Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.