TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
Nov 14, 2023
Does anybody know when HL intend to send PFOs/conclude inviting to AC for WVS? I have an offer for shadowing experience at the same time as the WVS, but don't want to say yes to it yet if there's still a chance I can do the HL WVS 😬. I saw an AC invite here from Friday - has anybody else been invited recently (i.e. within the last week)? Should I assume PFO atp?

• Dislike
Reactions: h79 and catlover123

Apple

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 23, 2023
Does anybody know when HL intend to send PFOs/conclude inviting to AC for WVS? I have an offer for shadowing experience at the same time as the WVS, but don't want to say yes to it yet if there's still a chance I can do the HL WVS 😬. I saw an AC invite here from Friday - has anybody else been invited recently (i.e. within the last week)? Should I assume PFO atp?
Im in the same position. But ive also seen the turnaround from AC literally being accepted the day after. So even though the scheme starts on the 4th of December, until you get the PFO its still in the cards.

Reactions: catlover123

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I'm currently in the process of writing Skadden's application and the question I'm focusing on is: "Why are you applying for a training contract at Skadden and why do you believe you are suited to the firm?"

Generally, I know that it's best to have three points in a "why the firm" answer, but I was wondering if it was a bad idea to only go with 2 points in further detail? I'm focusing on the international nature of the firm and their focus on pro bono, and then am tying both of these into why I believe I'm well suited to the firm.

Would it be better to try and make these points more concise and get a third in or is sticking with only two fine?

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.