TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Aaj03

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2023
    Did anyone else receive this email from Slaughter & May?
    "Thank you for your application.
    Unfortunately, we will be unable to process your application without your results from the most recent academic year.
    We appreciate that a number of universities are affected by the marking boycott. If you are affected, please send any coursework marks or predicted results you have received to date instead.
    In the meantime, please could you send this to us by 18 January. If we do not hear from you by this date, unfortunately we will be withdrawing your application."

I received 2 grades out of 4 and i added this on the application form- should i just wait to see if i get my remaining grades by the end of December before sending the same 2 grades I put on the application form?

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
    Feb 16, 2022
    anyone gotten a PFO/rejection from Gibson Dunn for their vacation scheme this application cycle? Trying to gage how long it will take for them to response to my app.
    nope - i applied just over a week ago and i'm still waiting for a response. Based off my experience from last year, they typically get back to you QUICKLY (no longer than a week) if they are keen to interview you/ progress you to the next stage. However, it seems like they are not acting as quickly this year

D

Deleted member 32324

nope - i applied just over a week ago and i'm still waiting for a response. Based off my experience from last year, they typically get back to you QUICKLY (no longer than a week) if they are keen to interview you/ progress you to the next stage. However, it seems like they are not acting as quickly this year
    Submitted mine a few days ago :) someone else on this platform had applied in early September and got a first stage interview invite in mid October. They might be somewhat slow as they have the Opening day coming up

Zi48

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    anyone gotten a PFO/rejection from Gibson Dunn for their vacation scheme this application cycle? Trying to gage how long it will take for them to response to my app.
    I applied in mid September and haven’t heard anything, so assuming rejection, but I think a couple people posted pfos on here in October

Zi48

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    Reactions: axelbeugre

Aga123+

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2021
    Hi @Jessica Booker. I would love some advice: If an application states "Provide details of any other relevant qualifications or professional membership" could I include undergrad certificates or business courses here? Or is this for something else?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker. I would love some advice: If an application states "Provide details of any other relevant qualifications or professional membership" could I include undergrad certificates or business courses here? Or is this for something else?
    I wouldn’t include anything already covered by your educations section (such as your undergraduate degree).

If you have any formal qualifications outside of your degree or are a member of any business associations/regulators, then you can include it here. I would expect this question to be blank for the majority of candidates though unless they have had a previous career.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.