TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
ohhh no that sounds tricky- thank you so much though!! would it be worth practicing WG style questions as well as the practice test they give you? :)
I wouldn’t advise against it as it’s never going to hurt but I feel the practice test they gave you was sufficient for getting a taste of it/the style. Best of luck though!

amy2602

Standard Member
Dec 15, 2023
I got a rejection today from Latham for their Spring Vac scheme. In the email however, it stated 'Thank you for your application to the Summer Vacation Scheme at Latham & Watkins'. Do I respond and say I applied for the spring scheme, despite the rejection. I know this would not change the outcome but I do feel that it is a bit unprofessional from the firm that they have gotten back to me about the wrong scheme. Any thoughts? :/

Reactions: axelbeugre

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    I got a rejection today from Latham for their Spring Vac scheme. In the email however, it stated 'Thank you for your application to the Summer Vacation Scheme at Latham & Watkins'. Do I respond and say I applied for the spring scheme, despite the rejection. I know this would not change the outcome but I do feel that it is a bit unprofessional from the firm that they have gotten back to me about the wrong scheme. Any thoughts? :/
    i don’t think there’ll be any point esp since their email will be a no reply one :/

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    I’m in the same boat. I think it’s just an automated response as they likely get more summer applicants.

I don’t really see the point in replying as like you said, it won’t change the outcome. Completely relate to how frustrating it is though given the effort put into applications :(

D

Deleted member 32324

Hi sorry about the PFO, may I ask when you got applied?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I personally wouldn’t bother - it’s just an automated email they haven’t updated to reflect it being the Spring scheme. It’s frustrating but mistakes are often made in this way.

lawtab

Star Member
    Jul 19, 2023
    As they were non-rolling and only shut on the 10th, I’m expecting to hear back in around 2 weeks :)
    Thanks.

Firms really need to be clearer on the rolling/non-rolling distinction, because when I spoke with grad rec in October they said they do a 'first review' of applications in mid-November, then look at the rest after the deadline.

From what I understand it seems like they did review apps on a rolling basis, but are non-rolling in terms of sending out decisions for progression to the next stage?

Reactions: LLB

yeezyee

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 8, 2023
    I'm in the processing of completing a last minute Bird & Bird app. Seeing people are receiving AC invites and have progressed to VIs, is this just a waste of my time?
    I'm in the processing of completing a last minute Bird & Bird app. Seeing people are receiving AC invites and have progressed to VIs, is this just a waste of my time?
    i always say the deadline is a deadline for a reason !! worst case scenario is that it’s a learning experience. unless you believe it’ll trade off with another application elsewhere, go for it (but don’t send a rushed bad app - you’ll doom yourself!)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.