Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Cleary is requesting an academic transcript as part of their vacation scheme application - anyone know if they only want your university transcript or do we have to include A-level and GCSE transcripts as well?

I don't currently have access to transcripts for my A-level and GCSE exams, although I do my have my certificates. I've emailed them regarding this issue, but I'm not sure how quick their response will be.

@Jessica Booker, I would really appreciate some insight on this.
Your certificates should be sufficient for A-levels and GCSEs - they won’t want transcripts for these as they only care about the overall grade.

The transcript is only really needed for your degree level qualification(s), as they are interested in the module scores.

• 🤝
Reactions: axelbeugre and flower

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if law firms ask for proof of mitigating circumstances at AC/VS offer stage.
They can do depends on the circumstances and how they have impacted your grades/profile. It’s one of those things where it tends to be a case by case basis rather than a standardised approach, even within the same firm.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    They can do depends on the circumstances and how they have impacted your grades/profile. It’s one of those things where it tends to be a case by case basis rather than a standardised approach, even within the same firm.
    Thank you for this and things related to COVID-19 will not require proof but things related to a family member's illness and that family member having surgeries will require proof.

jamescockayne

Nov 13, 2020
    Hey guys - anyone waiting to hear back from Linklaters Spring VS?

Also, 2 questions;

1. How far back do you go back for your Work Experience section? I am working as a paralegal now (having finished UG in 2020 and Post Grad in 2022) and have experience dating back to my first job, which was 2017 and experience from roles I did at Undergrad. Is this too long ago? I like what I put down for these sections but I don't know if it was too long ago to be relevant.

2. Also, anyone have any experience with a major confidence knock? I had 2 rejections recently for applications I felt proud with, both prior to VI, and I feel like the rug has been pulled out from me somewhat. Any advice? Cheers all :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.