Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Understand your point. Unfortunately, grad rec conveniently say for the large amount of apps they get, they can’t give individual feedback. But what confuses me is if they read every app they get before the deadline like they say on their website, how is it that they don’t note down points to evaluate each app (which one progresses or gets rejected). Surely, you are making a decision on some sort of ‘CRITERIA’. As an applicant, even if grad rec shares that criteria on the basis of which they’ve made the decision, I suppose that would help to some extent. But the fact that they don’t have time to offer feedback but to read every app that reaches them, doesn’t sit right with me. Makes me think how do they actually evaluate candidates…
It isn’t the marking that’s the issue, it’s the sending hundreds of bespoke emails that is the thing that would take an extraordinary amount of time, this would take more time than reading the application form.

Not reading every app to then have time to give feedback (and limit the feedback you do give due to reduced numbers) would be very risky in my opinion.

hiimlawyer

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2023
Akin Gump PFO post-test, Skadden PFO, Weil PFO post-application, Linklaters PFO after getting 93rd percentile on Watson Glaser and Willkie PFO post-application OMG can law firms give me a break today please no more PFO's today.
damn sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing when you got your Weil PFO and when you applied? I’m awaiting mine impatiently

• 🤝
  • Sad
Reactions: atlas2425 and Legalstalker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.