TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Raynz

Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 19, 2022
    So i’ll have to email grad rec to explain my secondary education then 🥲
    I dont think you have to. If they need it, they will ask. WBD is a very efficient firm and have good practice in communicating with candidates.

Dont stress for now..complete what you can and they will contact you.

If you are worried, contact GR, they are so helpful and will respond!

Reactions: MrHubertLouis

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2020
    Struggling to write apps since getting batches of pfo🤮
    You force yourself to write an app for a firm that you think you dont have a good chemistry with and get slammed with PFO straight away.
    OR You write for the firm that you are really interested in but don't hear back for ages or get PFO. Whats worse ha

MrHubertLouis

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 5, 2021
    I dont think you have to. If they need it, they will ask. WBD is a very efficient firm and have good practice in communicating with candidates.

Dont stress for now..complete what you can and they will contact you.

If you are worried, contact GR, they are so helpful and will respond!
    Oh thank you! My biggest concern was I didn’t have any GCSE adjacent exams because of my education system so I have to put “N/A” in the grades section. I was worried it might affect my application negatively.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    in regards to recruitment cycles, when they say please wait a year before re-applying does this mean till the next recruitment cycle or the one after that-sorry if this is silly its my first cycle
    If it says a year, I would take this as 365 days since your last application. They will typically say until the next recruitment cycle if they mean the next yearly intake they are recruiting for

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    does anyone know the ratio of how many freshfields AC attendees to acceptances there are?
    Back in the day it used to be about 3 invited to AC candidates to 1 VS vacancy. That doesn’t account for people not taking up the offer to attend the AC or people who withdraw from the process or decline the VS offer though.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.