Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I dunno what’s funny when I’m serious lol.

Same reason hardly any firms do WG - because you can practice that.
WG is one of the most commonly used assessments. Concerns using it are not about the fact you can practice for it - that is actually an important skill, because you are learning verbal comprehension through practising.

Very little in law is about “raw skill” - it’s about learned behaviours, skills and knowledge.

yeezyee

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2023
this is my first time applying and ive found that the more applications i have done, the more practice i have had and the better the applications are. while this is great for now, im kinda bummed that my 'favourite' firms were the ones earlier on in the cycle. im trying not to be too disheartened, becuase its early on and who knows yet, but also im imagining what my odds would have been if they had just had later deadlines..!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.