Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    What skills do you think are needed to be a successful solicitor at ... ? (250 words)
    For a 250 word question should you describe how you possess those skills or simply state them and why you believe they are needed to be a successful solicitor at (insert firm name)???
    This post might be helpful: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-152585

Additionally, I would say that you may want to pick 2 specific skills, for instance attention to detail and effective communication, describe them and how they would help become a successful solicitor and then link it back to how you possess these skills through your experiences . That is how I always approached questions like these.

I hope these tips help and good luck with the application!

Reactions: AlCapone

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Hey, if anyone has done the Bristows VI please could you share a little about the format and questions. I would really appreciate some tips on what to expect and how to prepare! thank you!
    Unfortunately specific questions cannot be shared on the forum to ensure fairness in the process. However, here are some posts that I and someone else shared tips on video interviews that might be helpful to you: there are some posts on TCLA from me and Erin that might be helpful, I will include some links here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/how-to-prepare-for-a-law-firm-video-interview-a-step-by-step-guide-⭐️.8346/ and https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151491

I hope these are helpful and good luck with the assessment!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Anyone know if you can blur your background for the RS VI? Got washing drying behind me….
    I am not sure about this but I would assume that it might be okay. I personally would recommend choosing another room to record in or move your washing drying to another area until you finish with the video interview.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Hi @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre can you please guide me on how to approach the Morgan Lewis application questions? Q1 asks 'Why have you applied to Morgan Lewis? What do you think are the skills and attributes you possess that distinguish you from other applicants?’ What sort of skills and attributes do you suggest I highlight in this question as the other questions already discuss things like client service and teamwork eg- Q2) How do you ensure that you are a valued member of the team? Please provide an example where you have been able to contribute to the team’s success. Q3) Providing exceptional client service is at the core of everything we do, please provide an example of a time you have delivered exceptional client service.

Would really appreciate any guidance.
    For Q3 I have recently shared my thoughts on this post which I would recommend looking at: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-163708

For Q2, I would dive deep into an example you have where you have proved yourself to be a valuable member of a team: this can be in sports, class projects, internship group tasks, everything that you can think of and can be convincing. I would describe the event using the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method and then include a final sentence stating how you will show this skill once you join the firm.

For Q1, I would divide my answer in two: the first part you deal with 2 or 3 reasons why you are attracted to the firm, whether it is their practice areas, international presence, clients, international opportunities, training contract structure, everything you can think of. You try and link these reasons back to your personal experiences and background. The second part should focus on the skills. Depending on the word count you have, I would choose 2/3 skills you think you have and describe experiences where you have developed and/or showed these skills and explain how these will make you a successful trainee in the future, distinguishing you from your peers.

I hope these tips are helpful and good luck with the application!

Petallove1

Legendary Member
    Feb 8, 2023
    What skills do you think are needed to be a successful solicitor at ... ? (250 words)
    For a 250 word question should you describe how you possess those skills or simply state them and why you believe they are needed to be a successful solicitor at (insert firm name)???
    Hey! My usual approach to these questions is a skill, a short, specific example of how I've demonstrated it in previous roles and then one/two sentences explaining why it's useful and what aspects of the role I could apply it to :) hope that's helpful. For 250/300 words I usually choose three skills and examples.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.