TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

dms21

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2023
Has anyone else had a problem with Amberjack when trying to record for a video interview? At the beginning when I'm testing out my mic and I'm speaking at my usual volume the green bar doesn't reach the red line and I'm worried that graduate recruitment would not be able to hear my voice. I have the same problem on multiple devices.

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    I'm so disheartened and unmotivated at the moment. I've wanted a training contract and have spent so long on applications. Now I can't concentrate on my AC and VI prep because I'm so consumed by something that has happened in my personal life. Has anyone been through this and have any advice? I know this seems so trivial but until a situation like this arises, you don't realise how badly it affects you :(

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    I'm so disheartened and unmotivated at the moment. I've wanted a training contract and have spent so long on applications. Now I can't concentrate on my AC and VI prep because I'm so consumed by something that has happened in my personal life. Has anyone been through this and have any advice?
    I know how you feel. My mum died in November 2023 and I was in the middle of preparing for my applications which I had work so hard all year to do. I was grieving, planning a funeral, having to travel and still trying to stay on top of attending legal events. Some days I wanted to do nothing but I was pushing myself to get up because my mum was ALWAYS pushing me to do my best and I just want to make her and my little sister so proud. I ended up getting my first job working for a huge international luxury fashion brand shortly after but my biggest advice would be to try your best. It's okay to just *breathe* and to take your time with things. You can only try your best and once you have done that, you have done all that you can. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk :) x

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    I know how you feel. My mum died in November 2023 and I was in the middle of preparing for my applications which I had work so hard all year to do. I was grieving, planning a funeral, having to travel and still trying to stay on top of attending legal events. Some days I wanted to do nothing but I was pushing myself to get up because my mum was ALWAYS pushing me to do my best and I just want to make her and my little sister so proud. I ended up getting my first job working for a huge international luxury fashion brand shortly after but my biggest advice would be to try your best. It's okay to just *breathe* and to take your time with things. You can only try your best and once you have done that, you have done all that you can. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk :) x
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Your mum would be extremely proud of you and I respect you massively for being able to push through. It's funny because firms are always asking for resilient candidates and this has genuinely been the hardest push. I really appreciate your support and wish you the absolute best :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.