TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

yxngd2x

Distinguished Member
Jan 8, 2024
another silly question from me lol but what are some ways to relax and calm down before an ac. panicking rn for several reasons and my head is all over the place
just realise you've prepared as much as you can do and try to just get a good night's sleep before and not care as much -- be content with knowing no matter you do you can get rejected so just go to try and put your best foot forward and enjoy the experience

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone been able to find a list for Baker McKenzie's clients? One of their application questions involves knowing who their clients are but I can't find a list on their website, Chambers, Legal500 or Legal Cheek so I'm struggling rip!
For something like Chambers or Legal 500, don’t use the student pages. Use the rankings. Then pick a particular practice area or sector you are interested in and then look at their profile for this area - for instance:

This then lists some of the clients they have worked with and what specifically on, and this tends to be fairly high profile matters for it to be listed in the profile.

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
Just went through Skadden's assessment centre today – had back to back interview and group exercise. A partner totally put me on the spot for a solid 40 minutes, firing off one commercial question after another. The group exercise part was okay, not perfect but not too bad. Does anyone know how many folks do they typically bring on board for their vac scheme?
What sort of questions were they asking?

Reactions: jplaw1010

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.